Just like a lot of people, I binge watched Emily In Paris into three days, primarily because A) Paris is a stunning city, B) Everyone was swooning over one particular actor so I was curious, C) The fashion of course, and D) The series description pretty much summed up a dream career of mine and so I was curious x2.
If you haven’t heard about this trending series yet, here is a quick low-down; Emily Cooper, played by Lily Collins, relocates to Paris from Chicago to work for the company Saviour. As well as providing an ‘American perspective’, Emily also is a master of social media and marketing and attempts to push Saviour to the next level.
Noting that Emily is an online wizard, I was watching this series from almost two different pairs of eyes. One being the lover of a comedy-drama. And two being a career fair. Of course things are never as there in the movies, but Emily in Paris is filled with tips and inspiration for making it in the digital marketing world, so keep scrolling to hear what I learned.
1. Always dress up for the office
2. It’s okay if your boss doesn’t like you
3. Be nice and you’ll be a winner
4. If you have ideas put them out there, no matter how quirky or different they seem
5. Whether you like it or not, social media is good for business
6. Take a tragic situation and make something beautiful out of it
7. If you get fired, it doesn’t mean you failed
8. Take any challenge that comes you way, even if it is Vaga-Jeuene
9. Don’t EVER mix business with pleasure
10. Network. Network. Network.
11. Research and know your client
12. Don’t be intimidated by your colleagues. Even if they have more experience than you
13. Don’t take things too seriously… unless a million dollar watch is involved
14. Look for ideas and inspiration everywhere
15. Believe in what you are doing and you’ll do great